We are Brian and Elisha(EE-LEE-SHA CALL-DOLL), a husband and wife wedding photography team serving Indianapolis, Indiana, and the surrounding areas. We live in Avon with our four boys Chase, Connor, Maverick and Cole, our Bulldog Georgia, and our Aussie Hermione.
We think date nights are super important and we make sure that we have one every week! Some of our favorite things to do together are trying new restaurants (we are constantly in search of the perfect taco), we love cooking together, browsing bookstores, working out, and seeking new adventures.
We are not only my partners in marriage but partners in business. Brian is my committed second photographer on every wedding day and my better than best friend in life. As a husband and wife photography team, we have a trust that runs deeper than in any other partnership and a team environment that cannot be duplicated.
I am Elisha Kaldahl the lead storyteller at ElishaKphoto and maker of creative, fun, and badass wedding photos. Like so many photographers I have spent my entire life with a camera in my hand making photography a natural career choice for me. I thrive in chaos making wedding photography the perfect fit.
My enneagram is 8, the challenger, making me a textbook entrepreneur. It makes perfect sense because as much as I love being a photographer, I adore being a business owner. I am grateful every single day of my life that I get to do what I love professionally, telling love stories through the lens of my camera.
5 Things About Elisha
- Adventure is out there! Traveling is my very most favorite thing to do and I am very lucky to have married the perfect travel partner. Brian and I love Disney World and Universal Studios with our kids, climbing mountains, and visiting different cities and beaches, all the while searching for the perfect taco.
- I am a CrossFitter. I'm not good at it but I show up 5 days a week at 5:15am unless it's a wedding day. We love the community, the people are amazing! Being the best wedding photographer I can be for your wedding day requires that I be physically fit. I spend every wedding day squatting, lifting, and moving equipment with multiple heavy professional-grade cameras strapped to me. I refuse to be worn out midway through your wedding day.
- I like to watch sports, not play them. I grew up in Cincinnati and the Bengals are my favorite football team. (I've waited 33 years for Joe Burrow and the Superbowl and I am still recovering from that loss.) Since marrying Brian and moving to Indianapolis I have become a fan of the Colts and Pacers as well. Incorporating our love of sports and travel Brian and I are on a quest to visit all 30 NFL stadiums. I even bought Brian a scratch-off poster for his birthday so we can track our progress.
- I love to read, preferably with a cup of coffee in my hand. (Hot or iced, I love coffee like Loralei Gilmore.) I don't think I could pick a favorite book but I have read through the entire Harry Potter series more than once and out loud to our boys, I even have a Deathly Hallows tattoo behind my left ear.
- I take a pottery class every week at a clay studio in Fountain Square. It allows me to tap into a creative headspace and clear my palette after a weekend of photographing weddings.
More about Brian
Brian is the camera whisperer and second photographer on every wedding day. He became a photographer after we were married and has been documenting wedding days with me for over five years now. Brian is Indiana-born, he enjoys watching sports, Star Wars, and long walks with his wife, preferably on a beach but our neighborhood will do.
Brian's Enneagram is a 3, the achiever.
What's in Our Camera Bags?
This is where I get nerdy. We are Nikon shooters. Our go-to camera is the Nikon Z9, a professional-grade mirrorless camera with a silent shutter. Why does that matter? Your nuptials will not be interrupted by shutter clicks. In addition, we carry the Nikon D5 and D750s as backups. Back-up equipment is extremely important on a wedding day. I will never do anything to compromise my couple's wedding day coverage, if my camera has a malfunction or is damaged on a wedding day we always have multiple spares.
We carry a plethora of lenses and back-ups for those lenses:
- 105 macro
Lighting scenarios are forever changing on a wedding day and we are prepared for all of them. Our lighting equipment includes speed lights that are made to go on our cameras, off-camera flash equipment, video lights, light stands, monopods, and modifiers for the various lights. As with all of our gear we have backup lighting.
We also carry modifiers for lenses, camera straps, fractals, lens babies, tripods, aerosol atmosphere, a details styling kit (including a pretty hanger for your dress photo if you don't have one), and Command hooks so that I can hang your gown anywhere, and whatever else we can bring to create amazing wedding pictures for our couples. I am known to carry emergency wedding day supplies, you never know when you are going to need a lighter or a pair of scissors.
We want to take your most important picture.
On nearly every wedding day there is a memorial table, framed and printed photos of those gone before they had the chance to celebrate your wedding day with you. Most often one of those photos is of grandparents on their wedding day.
We aren’t just capturing your wedding day for you, we are capturing it for generations who come after you. this is the day you and your spouse form a new family. One day someone who loves you very much will be looking at your wedding photos (hopefully in your heirloom album) to see where they came from. It would be our honor to tell that story for you.
We, all too often, capture the last professional photo of our client's most cherished loved ones. Recently, one of our brides changed her Facebook profile picture to a photo of her dad hugging her on her wedding day after he unexpectedly passed away. We know exactly how important our job is and we remember that when capturing your wedding day. That's also why we pull your parents and grandparents to the side during your wedding day and take portraits of them separately.
Thank you for checking out our website, we're so glad you're here.
Planning your wedding can feel overwhelming but choosing your wedding photographer is easy. Elisha K Photo tells your love story through beautiful, timeless photographs that live on for generations to come.